Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 13 -DISKOTEK

So we got invited to a diskotek this week...that was fun. We didn't go, but maybe next time...

This week has just gotten me more in the Jul spirit. We helped a lovely member who is always so kind to us, she's great,  we helped her clean and decorate another member's house this week. She has two little 4 year old twin girls who are so cute and so fun and so it was really great that we could decorate for them. Then we helped another friend who has a hard time coming to church find a Christmas tree which was so hyggeligt. THEN we made decorations and ate risengrød and æbleskiver with another friend, which are both huge Danish traditional Jul foods. So yummy.

We decided to treat ourselves with some American DOMINOS pizza! We go to Næstved every week and at the station there's a Domino's and we decided that Saturday was the day to feast. It was beautiful.

We have been out a lot finding people to teach, we've been working really hard with asking inspired questions and it's just so awesome when people will stand and talk to us for a little and we get to learn a bit about them and they can learn a bit about us. 

ALSO - we have this adorable teeny tiny Thai friend who came to church yesterday! She originally was super stand-offish from us and we taught her sister but she's finally opening up and came to church and gave me this super sick dragon pin. She's the cutest.
Speaking of church yesterday, it was fast and testimony meeting. I love it. One of our less-active friends was there with 2 of her little boys, one of them is 3 and the other is 6. The 6-yr old is so funny and so loud and the little 3 year old just follows his older brother around. Danish kids are typically loud. They just are. So our friend goes up to bear her testimony which was so awesome and so sweet and so special. Her two boys were out in the foyer area because they can be louder out there, and as soon as our friend, B, starts sharing her testimony they run into the chapel and the 6yr old runs up to me and in the loudest danish whisper I have ever heard "Hey! That's my Mor! Oh man, brother, look it's Mor!" I try to get them to sit down next to me but they declined all my attempts and ran up to their mom and just stayed up there on the stand with her until she was done bearing her testimony. It was awesome.

We also got to visit another less active friend, M. She's from the philippines and the only member in her family and she cracks me up. I love her so much. She's so tiny and so fiery and just so fun. We talked about Christmas and how Christ's light brings a peace into our lives and into our homes.  There was a article in the Liahona by Elder Christofferson that talks about finding peace during this Christmas season. It's so great.

The wind has been really crazy this week. We haven't been able to bike a few days because the wind will just blow you over and it just feels like you're trying to ride through a wall. 

I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to continually better myself. That this church is based off the idea that Christ lives and we have living prophets on the earth and everything is just alive. That we can receive personal åbenbaring for our daily trials and daily questions. That this church is living and breathing and always moving forward. It gives me such power and such strength. I love it. I'm grateful I get to share it with the Danish people. It's a beautiful thing. 

Life is good friends. Danish food is good. My body is healthy and strong and happy. 
Love you all so much! Have a great 2nd week of December! Only 18 more days into Jul!
Everywhere around Denmark, just randomly everywhere there are these old WWII bunkers just incorporated into Danish life. That's an apartment building right behind me and then I'm just there on top of an old WWII bunker.

Daus Daus,  Happy Monday 
Søster Chesss

No comments:

Post a Comment