Monday, November 30, 2015

Week - 12 Ukelele, the ER, Jul, a new transfer, and Gratitude

Happy mandag friends!

Hahahahaha this week...oh man..........ok....so I was super sick until Thursday or Friday and we went to the hospital because Insurance said to.So we spend 2 hours trying to FIND the right address...turns out it was just the Emergency Room! Wow! The Slagelse hosptial is like 25 Buildings that span over a long way...it was rough. THEN 4 hours in the actual emergency room. They took my blood, did an EKG, and tested me for everything under the sun to tell me I'm fine and to go home. I knew I was fine and I wanted to go home...but c'est la vie. The whole time Søster Perkins and I were just laughing about the fact that I did not belong there...but the nurses and doctor were all really nice and helped me with my Danish and health.










I'm healthier now and back to full-fledged Work which feels so so good. I love it.

We had zone conference this week on Wednesday which was so fun! We had a talent show, talked about gratitude, and just had a good time as all the missionaries on Sjælland met together to be better. Søster Perkins and I had an awesome talent that we did with our dear Assistants to the President friends, Elder Reimschussel and Elder Mogensen. The night before Søster Perkins taught me 5 chords on the Ukelele, the Elders found a missionary, remix, rendition of Dr. Seuss' green Eggs and Ham and Sister Perkins and those Guys did a read-aloud while I played the ukelele. It was so funny. The premise of the book is there's Brother Lurch and can not will not learn about the Mormon church. Also during this here Zone conference, we went around the room of about 40 missionaries and stood up and said one sentence of what we were grateful for. It was powerful.
I said i was grateful for my Family the knowledge I have that I can live with them for eternity.

Saturday and yesterday were finally days where we could go out and Work and it felt SO INCREDIBLE! Oh my goodness. Honestly I will take biking in Wind and rain from one appointment with friends to another rather than staying inside when there's WORK TO BE DONE! HOLLA! I was so pumped to get out and talk to people.

The Danish is still coming...tehe.

Also, I don't know if I told you all yet but I will be training in February already because they don't have enough sisters. So that's fun!

So Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat. Something about a penny in the old man's hat. If you haven't got a penny, a half penny will do. If you haven't got a penny we still love you.
CHRISTMAS! (Pronounced "yool" here in Denmark) Is coming and I am so pumped. The new Christmas video is out and I love it. Here's the link
it's good everybody. Lights are up everywhere and there are silly Little Charlie-Brown-esque Christmas trees up EVERYWHERE just on the street. It's funny. I'm so excited.
They have these Little Things in Denmark called Nissen (neesen) that are Little elves and they come and just help out around the house and are so cute. Søster Perkins and I are making a house for them in our Little Apartment.

HEY something else that's really exciting - I finished my first transfer of 6 weeks here in the beautiful land of Denmark! Today marks the start of a new transfer and I am so excited for it. This is Sister Perkins last transfer which makes me less pumped because she's great and I am going to really miss her when she becomes a normal human being Again. Oh well..
But I did it! i survived my first 6 weeks in Denmark. Weird, eh? I think so.

Ok, Thanksgiving was lovely. I am so thankful for this life that I have. i love gratitude. It's probably my favorite thing ever. The impact gratitude has on our lives. Honestly, when we're grateful how can we be sad about anything? We've been asking that question to people on the streets this week "Hvad er du taknemmelig for i dit liv?" aka "What are you thankful for in your life?" And the responses and conversations it sparks is incredible. I love when people demonstrate their gratitude and hoenstly when we have that gratitude in our Hearts, life gets better and we can demonstrate our love to our Heavenly Father, isn't it so great?? Oh man I love it.

LIFE IS GOOD EVERYBODY!
LOVE YOU ALL! HAPPY DECEMBER TOMORROW!

Knus,
Søster Chesley

(pic swips - me in the ER, such a silly thing *and the cool church in our neighborhood with lovely Jul lights* and a hat from grandma Chesley - I wear it all the time)


No comments:

Post a Comment