Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 11 -I'M THANKFUL FOR YOU


Ok there's so much to write about from this week. We had our one month training meeting for THREE DAYS! It was so great to see my MTC distrikt again and to party and just enjoy life and missionary work.incredible. Really all of it was so incredible. On our first day we did some training and then went to Frederiksborg Slot . This MASSIVE castle in Hillerød. I took too many pictures and I was in heaven. Like a kid in a candy shop. But a history major in an ancient Danish castle in Europe that's been around since the early 1600s. There was a very special energy there. We got to see the original Carl Bloch paintings that the church uses all the time and that was 

The second day we got to go to the København temple - that place is so special. I love it so much and I was so happy to be there again. What I great gift we have on this earth today. Temple time=Fun time. We also ate at this huge buffet and took 3 trains to get there. What a day. Also watched the Book of Mormon documentary while we hygge'd.
OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE NOT EXPLAINED WHAT HYGGE IS! (pronounced hooga)
Hygge is a very danish thing. It's a word that doesn't directly translate to english. The closest thing I can get is warm, cozy, togetherness. It's used as an adjective hyggeligt i.e. That dinner appointment was very hyggeligt, thank you for the hot kokoa!
Or as a verb i.e. we can just hygge for the evening. 
It is my favorite thing about denmark. One of them at least. hygge hygge hygge. 
Anyways, everyone should watch it, it's great. The third day I got on a train home to Slagelse. Where Sister Perkins and I were reunited and it was great. 

Saturday
, it snowed like crazy except nothing really stuck on the ground...



And yesterday I was confined to my bed all day due to this silly sickness that has befallen me. But alas, I'm sure I'll be up and at it again in no time! It was weird not going to church yesterday. I hated it haha. I think that's one of the worst things about being on a mission is when you get sick and can't do missionary work. 
BUT I've learned something while in training, actually a few things I want to share. 
1. We cannot let our enviornment influence our happiness. Life's too short and it's not healthy. We need to constantly be fighting for our happiness. "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Our happiness is so important in life and we should see it as something to constantly strive after. 
2. When setting goals I should always have a Christ-like attribute that that goal is helping me increase. For example: learning danish. A goal for that is learning 10 new vocab words a day and learning to utlize them. Great goal, yeah? BUT add this to the mix. Learning 10 new vocab words a day to help me increase my knowledge and diligence to be more like the Savior and help the Danish people more fully. It's the idea of good, better, and best with goals. I've been a lot more conscious of my goal setting while on the mish. Good stuff.
Happy early thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful for you all! 
Love youu guys oodles!
Love,

TT


love you guys!


So the mission president's mom Søster O'Bryant also has a mission blog. There are a lot more pictures on it. And it's kinda fun! http://cop-den-mission.blogspot.dk/ 
there it is! There's a lot of me recently from my one month training meeting!










2 comments: