Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 14 - Friends

Last Monday was so glorious. We went and explored this old Castle ruins that live super close to our Apartment. Antvorskov Ruins. The sun was actually OUT and it was just so lovely.

So much has happened this week. I don't understand how life goes by so fast.

Ok I think I've mentioned our lovely old German friend before. She's adorable. This week she came to this Christmas Concert that some really talented missionaries put on and afterwards me and her were talking and she was telling me all about her life. How she was born in 1935 and doesn't remember Hitler's rule but remembers in 1945 when the Americans came and saved them. "I was ten and just so happy when they came. My dad was a priest and teh Americans asked if they could use our church to do their service in and we said 'of course!' and they were all in their uniforms and so handsome." She then talked about how even though they were saved they weren't free for long. She was living in Eastern Germany and soon the Russians came in and took away their freedoms and she learned russian in school and all this stuff. She confuses her languages sometimes and talks in a mix of Danish, German, and English. Anyways, she is just the cutest thing. People have such interesting lives.

We also had a Ward partyyyy for Christmas. My first Danish Christmas party! We danced around the Christmas tree and ate so much food. flæskesteg, risen grød, rød grød, kartofler, det hele! Oh it was so great. It was so fun to get to know the Ward better and just to help out and feel the Jul spirit!

THAI FRIENDS! Ok Tuesday we go and visit our Thai friends and they always forget when our appointments are. But we go over there and they ask if we're hungry, they bring out this huge bowl of Soup for both of us and tell us to eat! Oh my goodness, I had never tasted thai food before but it was SO yummy. Duck, pork, pineapples, green onions, celery, some other weird vegetable thing, and man they are too good to us. They had a friend over and they all told us "We just want to talk about God and Christ when you two are over." and we said "Perfect! that's all we want to talk about to!" It was really awesome. The language is definitely a barrier but one sister can speak pretty good Danish and English so she translates for us into Thai. And we'll be getting some Thai material soon.

One big thought I've had this week is strengthening my testimony of Christ through sharing my testimony of Him and following His example. I want to share my testimony with you all on my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I know through following His example I can have the happiest of lives. His grace is sufficient for me and it is the only thing that keeps me going on some days. I know it's only through Him that I am here now in Denmark after a long wait. He is my strength, He is my light and my warmth on some of these Cold, dark Danish days. Because of His infinite and eternal sacrifice I can be made clean, I can have the Peace and comfort and joy that comes through using His Atonement in repenting everyday. He is my redeemer, He is my friend. I know that He understands me better than I can even comprehend. He makes my weaknesses into strengths and pushes me to better myself. To keep progressing, to keep strengthening my conversion. Because of my conversion to Christ I am here in Denmark spreading this message that families can be together forever, that we can all be repentant of past mistakes, we can all be made strong through His grace. Not only do I know that I am saved by His grace, but I know that I am forever changed by His grace. And I will continue to change for the better because of Him. I love my Savior. I love the opportunity I have to serve Him and come closer to Him. He is the reason for this Christmas time and I love that I can be out here and help people come closer to Him everyday. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love you all so much and appreciate the support you all give me.
Have a happy Monday and a happy week!
Eat some chocolate.

Med Kærelighed,
tt

Antvorskov ruins - we'll be going back sometime soon in regular people clothes so we can actually climb and stake claims on this old Castle. 1500s-1700s


I like it here. The Antvorskov Castle Ruins go pretty far Down and pretty far back. It's weird that they're just on the side of road in a random field. Anybody can just go and climb on them and check them out.


Add caption

Went on Splits this week with the lovely Søster Mann in Lyngby. This Picture, as dark as it is was taken at 3:30 in the afternoon. The sun was gone and about 30 minutes later it was completely dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment